Saturday 11 April 2009

New Pencil Case

Well this is a first for me, following an online pattern. I really wanna thank Pink Penguin for this, she makes really lovely tutorials, and this is the first time I have plucked up the courage to see what I can create.

I just love the fact that all of this fabric was created from scraps, Think the inside was a skirt my grandmother made when I was a baby. I love recycling things as often as I can, and those that regularly read will remember I like putting stories into my work. So as before this has stories, the Cord being from a pair of dungrees (afraid they only suit little kids not big kids like me) the pinks are scraps from quilts, and the black gingham is a cut up blouse that I made last year when I first brought my overlocker.
Don't you just love it when you have everything to hand? Just had to raid my mums sewing box to get a zip, and pluck up the courage to attempt to attach a zip myself. Afraid Im slightly hopeless before, but very pleased with this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment