Tuesday 19 May 2009

School Projects

I made this for a group of low ability year 9 pupils that I am currently teaching in my placement school. The project is cushions, based around "make do and mend" to a particular theme of their fancy. I really wanted them to think about cushions of different shapes etc.


This was the only way I seemed to achieve this was by giving them examples to hold. I also tried to include some of the information they needed to include on their cushion. Such as 2 forms of decorative technique (applique and tucks)
I found this in a magazine for a soft toy which was slightly too small so blew it up on the photocopier to make it large enough to make a cute cushion. The kids absolutely loved it! and it really inspired them to think outside the box as well!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment