Sunday 28 December 2014

The Trapies Quilt

I know I've been away for what seems like forever, 2015 will hopefully be an opportunity for me to get my blog going again.

Back at the beginning of November I visited Duxford Quilt show. This was really inspirational and just what I needed to get the creative juices flowing again. From here I purchased a few English paper piecing templates from lina patchwork and got excited that evening by the possibilities of the shapes I could create (you might remember a few years ago i created a grandmothers garden quilt)



The main blocks that I was particularly interested in was the trapeziums, I also purchased a jelly roll at the quilt show and thought this would be a perfect use of the materials.



Since then I have been working on these quilt blocks that have been named the Trapies Quilt,

 I've posted lots of progress photos throughout Instagram and Facebook and today something absolutely amazing happened, I got really excited that two people (one from facebook and one from Instagram) decided to follow my pattern.

Today I achieved the exciting status of 1/4 of my blocks completed for the paper pieces cut out and basted. 

What I will do tomorrow is show you how to achieve this same look. 

I will leave you with a few photos of my blocks so far...


1 comment:

  1. wow what a gorgeous pattern, it looks like a rose or a snowflake. Looking forward to seeing how it all comes together

    ReplyDelete